Fabric origami butterfly


 It’s super easy!
I’ve used two different colors taffeta. The size I’ve cut my rectangles  is 2 1/3 by 3 1/2 inches or 6 by 9 centimeters – ratio 1 to 1,5 .Place both pieces together with right sides of fabric facing.
Sew around all sides, leaving an opening on one of the short sides. My butterfly is so small, that I left the whole side open.It looks like a little baggy thing. I’ve clipped the corners and turned it around. Pulled all corners and ironed.Iron the opening seam allowance (1/4 in – 6mm) toward the inside and  top stitch at 1mm from the edge.

Iron the rectangle. If you’re using a thin sheer fabric, it”s a good idea to add a fusible interfacing before cutting the rectangles, so it makes crisp creases. Next, fold in two (meet the short sides) and then one more time in two, again the short sides meet.
Make a fold, bringing the upper fold corner to the center, like shown on the picture.
Repeat the same with the second fold corner and you should have a house shape.
If needed, pin the folds. Iron each fold.Here’s the house!
Now take one of the center folds in the bottom middle and fold a triangle inward.Like this^
Do the same with the second corner. Anyway, open the triangle fold just made and stretch it toward the center of “roof” of the house shape.Open the second fold too and pin to hold. The taffeta didn’t take well my pins – you could probably see the holes in the fabric.
This is the back of the butterfly at this stage.Fold the center triangle downwards and pin.
Now take your butterfly to the machine and make a seam right through the middle between the wings. I’m using an embroidery thread for the whole project here, but chose white , so you can see it. It would be better to use a matching color or a complementing one.
I made another seam under the bottom wings to hold them in place.I’m using a double pointed flower stem for the antennae.  Sew the butterfly to a hair clip. The hair clip I’m using has 3 holes in the base. That’s all!